Chairman of the Center for Pain Medicine, Western Reserve Hospital
Samer Narouze, MD, PhD is board certified in pain medicine, neurology headache medicine, interventional pain management, as well as anesthesiology. He completed his residency in Anesthesiology in 2000 and his Pain Medicine Fellowship in 2002 at Cleveland Clinic Foundation. He received his PhD in cervicogenic headaches from Maastricht University, the Netherlands in 2012.
He received the “Master Educator” award from Cleveland Clinic in 2009 and the “Innovator Award” in 2008 for his advancement in the use of minimally invasive techniques used in treating chronic headaches. He recently founded the American Interventional Headache Society (AIHS) and he is on the board of directors for the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (ASRA) and serves on many committees for other national and international headache and pain organizations. He frequently speaks and serves as a visiting professor both nationally and internationally.
Sessions at Neurovations Events
- Safety and efficacy of peripheral nerve stimulation of the occipital nerves for the management of chronic migraine: results from a randomized, multicenter, double ……, KV Slavin, A Sharan, K Reed, S Narouze… – …, 2012 – journals.sagepub.com
Background: Chronic migraine (CM) is a debilitating neurological disorder with few treatment options. Peripheral nerve stimulation (PNS) of the occipital nerves is a potentially promising therapy for CM patients. Methods: In this randomized, controlled multicenter study …
- The ASRA evidence-based medicine assessment of ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia and pain medicine: executive summary
- Consensus guidelines on the use of intravenous ketamine infusions for chronic pain from the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, the …
- Peripheral nerve blocks and trigger point injections in headache management–a systematic review and suggestions for future research
- Ultrasound-guided interventional procedures in pain medicine: a review of anatomy, sonoanatomy, and procedures: part ii: axial structures
- Interventional spine and pain procedures in patients on antiplatelet and anticoagulant medications: guidelines from the american society of regional anesthesia and …
- Subarachnoid catheter placement after wet tap for analgesia in labor: influence on the risk of headache in obstetric patients