Clinical Director, Intrathecal Therapy Services, MossRehab
Michael Saulino, MD, PhD is a physiatrist at MossRehab, is board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Spinal Cord Injury Medicine and Pain Management.
Dr. Saulino earned his PhD (Biological Chemistry) and MD degrees from the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine in 1993. He completed residency training in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Thomas Jefferson University in 1997. He was chief resident in his final year of residency training. He has academic appointments at both the Sidney Kimmel Medical College and Temple University Medical College. He serves as a mentor for medical students interesting in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation for several medical schools in the Philadelphia area.
Dr. Saulino’s areas of clinical and research interest include pain management, spasticity management, neuromodulation and intrathecal therapy. Dr. Saulino has published a number of scientific articles in prestigious medical journals including the PM&R, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair, Neurology, Spinal Cord and Neuromodulation.
He is a reviewer and associate editor for Neuromodulation.
Recent Sessions at Neurovations Events
- Pharmacodynamics & Pharmacokinetics of Approved & Off-label IDDS Medications
- Hands-on Pump Refill Lab: Programming & Performing Refills with and without Ultrasound
2017 Napa Pain Conference
- Intrathecal Drug Delivery System: No Longer a Novel Therapy, Another Neuromodulation Solution t the Opioid Epidemic
- Intraspinal Drug Delivery Pre-Conference Workshop
2015 Kaua’i Pain Conference
- Spasticity & Intrathecal Baclofen
- Stroke & Pain Syndromes
2014 Napa Pain Conference
2014 Targeted Drug Delivery for Pain and Neurologic Disease
- IT Infusion for Spasticity: Clinical & Economic Considerations
- Best Practice for Long Term Management of Patients with Intrathecal Infusion Devices: Including the Role of the Ultrasound for Refilling
2013 Napa Pain Conference
- Deer, Timothy, et al. Management of intrathecal catheter‐tip inflammatory masses: an updated 2007 consensus statement from an expert panel. Neuromodulation: Technology at the Neural Interface 11.2 (2008): 77-91.
- Deer, T. R., Prager, J., Levy, R., Rathmell, J., Buchser, E., Burton, A., … & Erdek, M. (2012). Polyanalgesic Consensus Conference 2012: recommendations for the management of pain by intrathecal (intraspinal) drug delivery: report of an interdisciplinary expert panel. Neuromodulation: Technology at the Neural Interface, 15(5), 436-466.