Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine (Adult Pain), Stanford University
Jennifer Hah, MD is an anesthesiologist, pain medicine specialist, and clinical epidemiologist. Her research interests span development of novel psychotherapeutic interventions at the intersection of pain, prescription opioid addiction, and psychology.
As an NIH-funded researcher, she is developing novel interventions (behavioral, medical technology, medical device) to prevent continued pain and opioid use after surgery. Her clinical interests include treatment of chronic pelvic pain conditions including painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis, endometriosis, pelvic floor myofascial pain, pudendal neuralgia, peripheral nerve entrapments, pelvic adhesions, vulvodynia, and chronic constipation.
- Oliva, E. M., Bowe, T., Manhapra, A., Kertesz, S., Hah, J. M., Henderson, P., … & Trafton, J. A. (2020). Associations between stopping prescriptions for opioids, length of opioid treatment, and overdose or suicide deaths in US veterans: observational evaluation. bmj, 368.
- Hah, J. M., Trafton, J. A., Narasimhan, B., Krishnamurthy, P., Hilmoe, H., Sharifzadeh, Y., … & Carroll, I. (2020). Efficacy of motivational-interviewing and guided opioid tapering support for patients undergoing orthopedic surgery (MI-Opioid Taper): A prospective, assessor-blind, randomized controlled pilot trial. EClinicalMedicine, 28, 100596.
- Wall-Wieler, E., Shover, C. L., Hah, J. M., Carmichael, S. L., & Butwick, A. J. (2020). Opioid prescription and persistent opioid use after ectopic pregnancy. Obstetrics & Gynecology, 136(3), 548-555.
- Salmasi, V., Olatoye, O. O., Terkawi, A. S., Hah, J. M., Ottestad, E., & Pingree, M. (2020). Peripheral Nerve Stimulation for Occipital Neuralgia. Pain Medicine, 21(Supplement_1), S13-S17.
- Hah, J. M., Sturgeon, J. A., Zocca, J., Sharifzadeh, Y., & Mackey, S. C. (2017). Factors associated with prescription opioid misuse in a cross-sectional cohort of patients with chronic non-cancer pain. Journal of Pain Research, 10, 979.